Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good Movies

Adam Sandler has never made a good movie.
Neither have Cameron Diaz, Chris Rock, Jennifer Aniston, George Clooney, or Brad Pitt.

You & I might disagree here, but let me explain. I define "good movie" as clean as well as entertaining. In fact, if it's not clean, it won't entertain me. When I hear my wonderful Lord's name treated like a swear word, or see an ungodly sexual situation, or some other uncleanness, I feel deeply grieved, or angry, or dirty.

What I wrote in my first paragraph doesn't mean there's no hope for these actors. I would've said the same thing, for example, about Eddie Murphy some years ago. But in the latter part of his career he's made
Meet Dave, Daddy Day Care, & Imagine That--all excellent, funny flicks.

"How can I find out whether a movie is 'good' before I spend the money at the theater or DVD store?" I'm glad you asked. Go here before you go there:
http://www.pluggedin.com/movies.aspx

No comments: