Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"God Wants You To Always Be Happy At Work!" : )

Normally I say "Amen" to any & every thing that flows from the charming drawl of James Dobson, but he said something that was just flat wrong today. It reflects what I perceive to be an emerging mantra of Evangelical Christianity. He and his guest were insisting that we probably ought to leave careers that we don't find fulfilling, and they implied that stress on the job is bad for you. As someone in a career that is entirely unfulfilling, as well as often very stressful, I am confident that God has me exactly where he wants me. The influence that I can have on my co-workers has the potential to be very fulfilling, and the stress can be very useful in shaping my character (see Neglected Solution for Sin).
How many of the persecuted prophets found their jobs stress-free and fulfilling?

No comments: